The Ark Team
The Ark Team facilitate activities during the Fusion Factory sessions for children who are unable to access the other children’s groups due to accessibility or other additional needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
To aid the team in putting on the planned activities for the Ark children during the event.
- Work as part of a team responding to changing needs during each session
- Be vigilant regarding Health and Safety and Safeguarding
- To be flexible in either working one-to-one or in a small group with children
- To accompany a child or children into the main Fusion Factory sessions when appropriate
- To stay in the Ark with a child or children and engage with them in the activities on offer
- Pray with children
- Join in during worship sessions
- Follow the guidance and direction of the Room Leader
- Arrive in good time to help set up and pray
- Help clear up after each session
Requirements and qualifications include:
- A friendly and welcoming disposition
- Ability to connect and communicate well with children
- An enhanced DBS check
- To demonstrate a personal relationship with Jesus
- A desire to see children grown in the things of God
- Willingness to enter into every aspect of the programme including the silly, messy and lively bits!
- Willingness to step out and be stretched spiritually
- An elders recommendation
- Appropriate physical resilience and energy to sit on the floor, stand and worship and maintain a high level of energy during each session
- Experience of working with children with additional needs
- Part-time – serve in 3 sessions £50 discount
- Full time – serve in all 6 sessions £100 discount
- All servers arrive 30 minutes early and leave once rooms are tidy
To apply for this serving role please:
- Read our Safeguarding Policy.
- Read, then print out and sign our Code of Conduct.
- Print out and fill in our Application form.
Please post your completed form, photos and signed code of conduct to:
Alison Aldridge, Hope Church, The Goodmead Centre, 36 Chislehurst Road, Orpington, Kent. BR6 0DG
OR email to: firstname.lastname@example.org