Indoor Stewarding Team
Stewards make meetings run smoothly and safely by taking appropriate action before, during and after a meeting.
They can be asked to operate in any of the general indoor venues, including but not limited to the main arena; Fusion Village or Fusion Marketplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary job duties and responsibilities are:
- occasional moving of chairs or equipment where required
- manning the doors to the venues during meetings to ensure only those who should be at the meeting enter
- helping direct people during a meeting if required, e.g. for communion or offerings etc.
- providing assistance to the speaker where required, this would be particularly in seminars
- providing general assistance to delegates where needed during the meetings
- collecting up lost property at the end of each meeting and taking it to the lost property area
- supporting the cleaning team by gathering up litter at the end of the meeting
- radio to First Aid team should first aid assistance be required
- general monitoring of the venue to ensure delegates are safe e.g. looking out for fire or medical emergencies
- helping direct and evacuate venues in case of an emergency
In the case of Fusion Village this could include helping to keep the area clean and tidy during use and being proactive in helping to provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere within the village, working alongside the Village hosts.
- enthusiasm for team work
- good personal skills
- being calm and organised
- giving clear direction
- able to use a two-way radio (training will be provided)
- handling confrontation well
- being punctual
Physically able to move and stack chairs; able to cope with a mixture of standing and walking around for a period of 4 to 5 hours.
You will be expected to serve for 4 sessions during the event and each session will be 4-5 hours long.
We are offering a discount of £50
Thank you for your interest in serving this area. Once your booking is complete you will receive an email from your team leader giving you further details.